POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New license for include file : Re: New license for include file Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New license for include file
From: Rune
Date: 23 Oct 2002 16:27:10
Message: <3db7061e@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I think that making it shareware has the same effect
> on the spirit of this community.  Others have a better
> way of putting it in nicer terms.

I'm sorry, I have no idea about what you're talking about. Making *what*
shareware has the same effect on the community as *what*? I don't think
that there have been any mention of shareware anywhere in this
discussion so far.

> NO.
> Who on the POV-Team has asked for renumeration for his
> services? That dough goes to the server, AFAIK.  There
> is a world of difference.

Well, I'm sorry if I'm mistaken. The wording isn't quite clear.

"This page details the products we have available for sale. Sales of
these items assist us in paying our server co-location fees and also in
the general development of POV-Ray."

"General development of POV-Ray" could mean all the unpaid hours
invested in the development - but I don't know.

Besides, I also have costs of having my web site up that will probably
far exceed any donations I might get. So I can't quite see that world of
difference you're talking about.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)